Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lisa Lampanelli is not sad about Mandoza's being fired from "The Apprentice"


Lisa Lampanelli and Dayana Mendoza
American stand-up comedian and insult comic Lisa Lampanelli and Dayana Mendoza was not passing a good time during “The Apprentice.” Lampanelli constantly criticized the former Miss Universe winner and when it was time for Donald Trump to send another celebrity packing, the comedian wasn’t exactly sad about Mendoza’s departure. Lampanelli gave Mendoza an awkward hug after she was dismissed from the board room, but later said that she wasn’t surprised by the fact that Trump had fired the model. Lampanelli said: “With all due respect, there’s nothing going on ‘up here.’”

Mendoza said that it was frustrating to work with someone like Lampanelli but said that she had a good time on the show. The former Miss Universe said:

“It’s frustrating to work with people who don’t want to work with you, and it was just my time… I was happy to know that, at the end of the day, I did what I came to do. I raised more money than I ever thought I could, not only for my charity but for other charities. And it’s all for a good cause, so all the screaming and the yelling was worth it.”

The feud between Mendoza and Lampanelli came to a head a few weeks ago when the comedian used an ethnic slur to describe Mendoza.

Mendoza said: “It was mean and insulting. And racial slurs have been used for so long to hold people down. The United States is so full of diversity that at this point we should celebrate it, instead of using it to put people down. At that point, she wasn’t talking about me, she was talking about thousands of people: my mom, my dad, my sister, my family.”

No comments: