Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lea Michele film debut in "New Year's Eve": co-stared by Ashton Kutcher


Grammy and People's Choice Award winning American actress and singer Lea Michele is going to be seen in ' New Year's Eve,' the new romantic comedy opening this weekend. In this debut film she is playing the role of Elise. With her there are also stars like Halle Berry, Robert De Niro, Ashton Kutcher, and Jessica Biel in the film directed by Garry Marshall. when Michele found out she would be acting opposite Kutcher, she "freaked out" and felt he was "out of my league."

The "Glee" actress told New York magazine that director Garry Marshall asked her which actor she wanted to co-star in her vignette about a pair of strangers who get stuck in an elevator on New Year's Eve. Michele said, "this guy's like, the hottest guy, and then when they called and said that Ashton was doing it, I was really freaked out. I thought I should have picked someone else and said, 'You have to use this person!' so I wouldn't have been nervous. But I'm so glad, because he challenged me, and it was a really great pairing, I think."

Ashton Kutcher is also interested working with her. He said, "I think what makes her great for this particular role is she has this passionate aspiration and I think that she's able to express that really cleanly."

In an interview provided by Warner Bros. Pictures Michele asked her co-star Kutcher to spend the holiday with her but the "Two and a Half Man" actor said "I don't know where I'm going to be on New Year's, I haven't sorted it out. I was going to try to crash a UFO into the Mayan temples, just to see how people would react to that, but I decided that maybe I don't want to work that hard." Lea Michele is also working as Dorothy Gale in a new film Dorothy of Oz which will hit the silver screen in 2012.


Lea Michele and Ashton Kutcher
 

No comments: