Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kate Gosselin in Rock 'n' Roll Marathon benefiting the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America

Gosselin in Lus Vegus marathon
TLC reality star Kate Gosselin took to the streets to take part in the Zappos.com Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon on Sunday, December 4. It includes a run down the world famous Vegas strip. The marathon, benefiting the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, is apparently took longer than she had hoped as the former Kate Plus 8 (cancelled) star and mother of eight children finished the run in 4 hours, 59 minutes and 21 seconds. Kate bundled up on an unusually cold night for Las Vegas, wearing a top that read “Finishing Is Winning.”



“I’m not one to do anything lightly,” After the race Gosselin told PEOPLE, “I either do it or I kill it. I guess this is considered killing it.”


"I'm running this because I want to show that with dedication and determination anything is possible. I want them to remember this moment when their mom completed a marathon, knowing that nothing in life should stop them from attaining their goals," Gosselin adds. "This will probably be one of the most painful messages I will ever impart to them."


During the event, American Idol finalist Casey Abrams and Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready performed to promote the cause.


 

No comments: